Community Service Trip to Costa Rica

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oak Ridge High School Key Club Forum Index -> Community Service Opportunities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobinGruwell
Club Advisor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: Community Service Trip to Costa Rica Reply with quote

Hey Key Clubbers,

I am organizing a trip to Costa Rica through a company called Global Works this summer, from June 3 - June 15. The emphasis of this trip is a combination of adventure (white-water rafting), culture exchange activities, and community service. The trip is NOT a Key Club trip but it will be a school sponsored trip (I'm waiting for approval from the school board). As a former Peace Corps volunteer, I believe an experience like this can be life-changing and well worth the expense. As trips go, the cost is very reasonable. A deposit of $250 is due by March 2nd, the rest of the tuition ($1500) is due by March 30th. We will need to have 14 students to make a trip.

Please spread the word, come by my room I-6 for a flyer of the tentative itinerary, and plan to attend an information meeting on Thursday Feb. 22nd at 6:30 PM in I-6.

Once I have the minimum 14 students we will assess the need and decide on additional fundraisers to help with the costs!

One other incentive....experiences like this can be an outstanding asset when it's time to submit your college applications.

Yours in service, Mrs. G
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oak Ridge High School Key Club Forum Index -> Community Service Opportunities All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: